[mythtv-users] Bug? Deleted programs set to rerecord when "max number of episodes" is set

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Tue May 6 19:37:34 UTC 2008

Marc Sherman wrote:
>> I think I've found a bug in the interaction between a recording rule
>> with max number of episodes and the deleted group.
>>
>> I've got a rule (Dora the Explorer) set up with max number of episodes
>> set to 3. I have the Deleted group set up to keep deleted programs for
>> up to 7 days. When the scheduler decides to record a new episode of
>> Dora, it immediately auto-expires an episode from the Deleted group,
>> even though it hasn't been around for 7 days yet, and there are less
>> than 3 non-deleted episodes. The expired episode gets marked for
>> re-recording (duplicate=0) even though is was already deleted.
>>
>> I think the main bug is that the max number of episodes code needs to be
>> modified to not count episodes in the deleted group. Alternatively, it
>> should not reset the duplicate flag when it expires an episode from the
>> deleted group.
>>
>> Does anyone else see this same behaviour?
>
> A couple days later and no reply... should I enter this into trac, or
>
> - Marc

I agree this sounds like a bug myself from your description, but I
haven't tried to confirm it myself. Just to be clear, when you say "When
the scheduler decides to record a new episode of Dora, it immediately
auto-expires an episode from the Deleted group" you mean it expired an
episode of Dora specifically from the Deleted group?

I think putting a ticket in trac (searching first to make sure one isn't
there already) is a good idea.

Cheers,

John

--