[mythtv-users] Who needs to worry about copyright? CoreAVCforLinux removed from Google Code

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue May 6 18:22:46 UTC 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 10:59 AM, David Brodbeck wrote:

> I don't buy that, because Qwest's lawyers saw something fishy and
> balked.  I think the other phone companies went along because of
> political pressure, not because they thought it was legal.  These days
> you can get some people to do anything and give up any rights they
> have
> just by making vague claims that it will help stop terrorism.

Very true, and the "anti-terrorist" operations seem to assume that the
bad guys have the intelligence of mud. Surely any terrorist outfit
worth its salt knows that telephone communications can be intercepted
and will take steps to stop damage from such interception, or even use
the fact that the calls will be monitored to their advantage.

The only "terrorists" you are likely to catch by such "cops and
robbers" kid's games are incredibly stupid wannabees or "enemies" with
the same intelligence level as the idiots chasing them.

It's a sad fact of life that a lot of "terrorists" are more highly
motivated and intelligent than most of the people trying to catch them.

beww