[mythtv-users] Who needs to worry about copyright? CoreAVCforLinux removed from Google Code

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue May 6 16:59:06 UTC 2008

>> On May 5, 2008, at 3:15 PM, Calvin Dodge wrote:
>>> No, it wasn't "clearly a violation of the law".  The phone companies
>>> made good-faith effort to cooperate with the Federal government in its
>>> attempts to track terrorist activity, and they believed they were
>>> operating within the law.

I don't buy that, because Qwest's lawyers saw something fishy and
balked.  I think the other phone companies went along because of
political pressure, not because they thought it was legal.  These days
you can get some people to do anything and give up any rights they have
just by making vague claims that it will help stop terrorism.