[mythtv-users] HELP! qt3-MySQL dependancy broken for FC8 - Can anyone help?

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Sat May 3 14:28:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, 3 May 2008, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

> Transaction Check Error:
>    file /usr/lib/libraw1394.so.8.2.0 from install of
> libraw1394-1.3.0-6.fc8.i386 conflicts with file from package
> libraw1394_8-1.3.0-3_11.fc8.i386
>
> Note the last package name:  libraw1394_8
> I believe this is an ATRPMs package that Fedora knows nothing about.

I ran into this problem on a number of machines, including non-Myth running
Fedora 8.   The simple solution was to remove libraw1394_8

either just
rpm -e libraw1394_8
yum update

or if you (as I tend do do) run   yum shell
remove libraw1394_8
update
run

I should say I don't actually use firewire for anything on these machines,
and make no statement that firewill will or won't work after you do this.

Generally, if you run into an update problem with two pacakges, you have to
remove one of them. The question, usually, is which.