[mythtv-users] HELP! qt3-MySQL dependancy broken for FC8 - Can anyone help?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat May 3 08:30:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 07:42:08PM -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Mache Creeger wrote:
> > At 01:47 AM 5/2/2008, Michael Jones wrote:
> >> Thanks Axel!  Worked perfectly after a yum clean metadata!!
> >>
> >> - Michael
> >
> > I did a
> >
> > # yum clean metadata
> > # yum update
> >
> > and still got a
> >
> > Error: Missing Dependency: qt3-MySQL is needed by package mythtv-frontend
> > Error: Missing Dependency: qt3-MySQL is needed by package mythtv-setup
> >
> > # uname -r
> > 2.6.24.4-64.fc8
> >
> > Any other ideas on how to resolve this?
>
> Same here.  I'm also being bit by the libraw1394 problem, seems Fedora
> has added something to their RPM that Axel had put in a separate RPM.
> Lets hear it for consistency in packing!  Woo Hoo!  (Yet another reason
> for the 3rd party repos to share information among themselves and Fedora.)

The differences are that the Fedora version uses juju, a stack that
mythtv cannot work against. And there is no non disclosed information
anywhere from 3rd party repos, but unfortunately people working on
Fedora/RHEL are rather busy, so when they do a change it's often
immediate w/o any warning.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net