[mythtv-users] EPIA MII10K... acting up

John Fountain johnfountain at mac.com
Fri May 2 01:18:27 UTC 2008

I'm willing to bet that you have a bad capacitor or 2 on that board. I
have gone thru 2 of these things so far. The first one I chucked when
it failed because I didn't know what was wrong until after the fact
and the second one I'm using now has blown every single capacitor on
the board at one time or another over the past 2 years of its life. I
have re-soldered new ones in each time and the board continues to
work. I think it cost me around $12 for all the longer-life caps for
the board.