[mythtv-users] Anyone used a Wireless A/V Receiver?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 1 13:03:59 UTC 2008

One of these:
2.4GHz Wireless A/V Receiver with Infrared Remote
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AR1845&CATID=36&keywords=&SPECIAL=&form=CAT&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=254

I presume it transmits Component signals at best but I wouldn't be surprised
if it only managed RGB, in which case no good for my needs

But if it did do Component or SVideo it would be great as a cheap quick way to
hook my (noisy) Desktop PC to the Plasma while I get my HTPC organised.

From the link:
Use your cable, TV, CD, DVD remote to change channels, volume and settings
from the receiver end of this 2.4GHz system.
Features a phase-locked loop (PLL) electronic circuit that constantly adjusts,
locking onto any input signal and avoiding any reception drift. Send stereo
audio and video pictures around your home, shop or office, allowing you to
watch video or listen to hi-fi quality stereo sound anywhere. Send
surveillance camera images to another part of the building. All without the
need to run cables.
 The refreshing new compact design incorporates the 2.4GHz dipole antenna and
has 4 selectable channels.
 * Transmits a crisp audio and/or video signal using radio frequency
 Comes as single receiver and transmitter with individual power supplies.
Additional receivers are available separately and allow reception at multiple
viewing locations.
 Specifications
 Frequency 2400MHz
 Sender 9V, 90mA, 10dBm