[mythtv-users] MythTV on Debian etch

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Sat Mar 29 18:16:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 09:03:23PM -0400, Josh White wrote:
> Thanks for the help, but it still doesn't seem to work.  The reason I'm
> running debian on this machine is because it's a PPC eMac.  I tried using OS
> X but .21 just wouldn't run adequately.  I tried other flavors of Linux, but
> this was the only thing I could find that worked well enough to consider,
> including Ubuntu and yellow dog.  Now that I have a stable linux platform, I
> can't get the myth packages.  Lucky me.  I'm guessing that the myth packages
> are messed up and it only affects PPC machines.  Oh well, I guess I just
> won't have myth for a while longer, or until I upgrade my hardware.

In general people try to help out on this list, but you have to provide
specific information for them to even attempt it.  It's not clear what
you're trying to do or how it's breaking.  Are you doing "apt-get install
mythtv" and you get errors from that, or is in installing and then it
doesn't work after installation?  If its the latter, what isn't working?
The backend doesn't start, the frontend doesn't show a picture?  Without
more info it's hard to suggest something to try.

Take care,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org
http://the-martins.org/~dmartin