[mythtv-users] MythTV in native 1080i mode? (maybe with a 7050PV)

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Sat Mar 29 07:26:55 UTC 2008

I have a 1080p plasma TV that will accept 1080p on the HDMI inputs, but
only 1080i on the component input. If I connect a MythTV box to the
component input, the MythTV _must_ be configured in 1080i mode.

Is it even possible for MythTV to run on a system with the graphics card
configured in the 1080i mode? I never used a computer with the graphics
card configured in an interlaced mode, so I have no idea how that would
work.

Assuming I will use a motherboard with an embedded GeForce 7050PV chip,
will that chip accept the 1080i mode? If not, do you know another
GeForce chip that will work in that mode?

I am planning to use a DVI-to-component adapter between the computer and
the TV.

The system will play mostly cable, satellite and OTA content, which is
1080i, 720p and 480i. My only source of 1080p content at this moment are
Blu-Ray disks, which are already handled by a PS3 - so the MythTV box
will never have to play 1080p for the foreseeable future.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/