[mythtv-users] Channels keep undeleting themselves

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Mar 29 01:01:44 UTC 2008

Skitals wrote:

> It may just be a a mythbuntu thing. mythtv-setup suggest you run it, and
> then dialog pops up to confirm. You have to hit cancel to NOT run
> mythfilldatabase w/ mythbuntu.

Yeah, that's some craziness not part of mythtv. You're not supposed to
run mythtv-setup with the backend running and you're not supposed to run
mythfilldatabase unless the backend is running, so I wonder if it
restarts the backend for you and then prompts you to run
mythfilldatabase. I don't like things that start applications "for" me.
I know how to do it and I will start it if I want it to run. :)