[mythtv-users] how to determine if a frontend is connected (from bash on backend)

dummy269 at comcast.net dummy269 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 17:30:42 UTC 2008

HI all,

I am still trying to figure out why my backend keeps on rebooting and I would like to "catch it in the act", but it only happens once a day at random times.  Does anyone know what I can use to log what the machine is doing?  I have recently made a script to run in cron every minute to save the output from `top -b -n`.  I would like to add more information to this as to if a front end is connected and what it is doing.   Can anyone help how to determine this from bash, or am I going about this the wrong way.

Thanks.

Nathan.