[mythtv-users] MythTV internal player crashes on H264 video

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 16:52:29 UTC 2008

I do quite a bunch of transcoding from MPEG2 to H.264
to save space so I have encountered a number of
problems along the lines of what you have reported
here.  This is a generic answer because I'm not at
home now to try your video, but a couple things did
come to mind.

There was a change (SVN 16193) that broke a lot of my
H.264 files, and then a fix in SVN 16390 that fixed
the problem, so you might want to make sure you're not
between those revisions.

The ticket that interests me the most is this one, as
syncing from the ffmpeg project may well fix a lot of
bugs.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4862