[mythtv-users] LiveTV Channel Browsing Speed (New angle !)

bungle nabble.e.wuuza at xoxy.net
Tue Mar 25 15:04:27 UTC 2008

I understand what you are saying, Mike.  At first I was just seeing "Because
what you're trying to do--watch 'LiveTV' without buffering--is /not/
something that Myth does, so you need an application that does that" and
"The reason mythtv doesn't allow watching LiveTV without buffering is
because plenty of other things already do that so why reinvent the wheel?",
and not "submit a patch", which I was I was wondering if the idea (no
buffering) was being rejected on *philosophical* grounds and not *technical*
ones.  However, Brad's comment at Mar 24 09:29am gave enough back story as
to why Live TV was changed to be buffered to support other features, which
allowed me to understand some of the previous comments better.  (I was
asking about the buffering, not channel change times, which was a confusion
point, I think, described in my last comment.)  I understand where everyone
is coming from now.

John