[mythtv-users] IR Blaster sadness

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:37:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 1:51 AM, Trevor Hill <trevor.hill at gmail.com> wrote:

> F8, and I have the kmdl modules installed as well.
>
> The remote works and has worked all the way through this.  Blaster's still
> behaving the same way.
>
> I had similar irblaster issues recently as well.  One problem was the
kernel modules under F8, as previously mentioned, but it sounds like you've
got that covered.  The other problem appeared to something related to the
timing of the modules loading, and the lircd commands starting.  I ended up
putting some 'sleep 10' lines in between each of the lirc related commands
in rc.local and this solved my problem.  I had slightly different symptoms
that what you are seeing, but it may be worth a shot.