[mythtv-users] IR Blaster sadness

Steve Wilson mythtv_arizona at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 19:22:28 UTC 2008

--- John Welch <jrw3319 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 1:51 AM, Trevor Hill
> <trevor.hill at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > F8, and I have the kmdl modules installed as well.
> >
> > The remote works and has worked all the way
> through this.  Blaster's still
> > behaving the same way.
> >
> > I had similar irblaster issues recently as well.
> One problem was the
> kernel modules under F8, as previously mentioned,
> but it sounds like you've
> got that covered.  The other problem appeared to
> something related to the
> timing of the modules loading, and the lircd
> commands starting.  I ended up
> putting some 'sleep 10' lines in between each of the
> lirc related commands
> in rc.local and this solved my problem.  I had
> slightly different symptoms
> that what you are seeing, but it may be worth a
> shot.

I had the same problem before on a previous distro
with the emitter going to on but this was because I
compiled lirc with headers and not the sources but
since you installed a package this probably doesn't
apply. The only other thing I can think of is to
modprobe lirc_serial and then #lsmod | grep serial and
then #dmesg | grep serial to see if it gives you any errors.