[mythtv-users] Creating MythWeather scripts

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Sun Mar 23 22:29:27 UTC 2008

Hi!

Phill Edwards wrote:
> So I thought that this command line would return weather values for Vancouver:
> $ cd /usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/ca_envcan
> $ ./envcan.pl -u SI -d /home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythWeather/ENVCAN -l bc-74
>
> But all it returns is the location match:
> bc-74::Vancouver, BC
>
> Does anyone know what syntax is used to call the scripts to ask them
> to return the weather? At least then I could start seeing whether I'm
> remotely capable of getting something working here or not.

./envcan.pl -u SI -d /home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythWeather/ENVCAN bc-74

(ie remove the -l)

 From the README (in the previous directory):

-l regex -- Returns list of locations matching regex, one per line in the
    format of STRING::STRING, the first string is what will be stored in the
    database and passed to the script.  The second string is used as a display
    string when searching.

So it's doing exactly what you asked it to do...

Good luck with your script and have a nice day!

Nick