[mythtv-users] Creating MythWeather scripts

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 22:16:14 UTC 2008

I'm having a look to see whether I can create a MythWeather script for
Australia so we can get 6 day forecasts (currently we get ours from
the BBC script which only allows for 3 days).

I started having a look at Joe Ripley's scripts for Canada to see if I
could bodgey something up but I'm falling at the first hurdle. The
scripts README says:

"when run with units, a directory, and a location the script will return a list
consisting of one item per line.  Each item will represent a data item retreived
from the source.  Each item will consist of two tokens separated by '::' The
first item will be the name of the item and the second will be the value".

So I thought that this command line would return weather values for Vancouver:
$ cd /usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/ca_envcan
$ ./envcan.pl -u SI -d /home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythWeather/ENVCAN -l bc-74

But all it returns is the location match:
bc-74::Vancouver, BC

Does anyone know what syntax is used to call the scripts to ask them
to return the weather? At least then I could start seeing whether I'm
remotely capable of getting something working here or not.

Regards,
Phill