[mythtv-users] Theme Confusion...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 23 18:09:21 UTC 2008

On 03/23/2008 10:26 AM, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> I've recently upgraded to mythtv 0.21.  Everything seems to be working
> great.  What wonderful release.  To celebrate I wanted to try a new
> theme.  I've been using G.A.N.T.  for years.  I decided to try Mepo.  I
> downloaded the tar ball and placed the files as directed.  The mepo
> theme doesn't show up in the list of selectable themes.  I've look
> everywhere for help on adding a new theme.  Everything seems to indicate
> by adding the new directory under themes it would automagically show
> up.  No luck so far.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Assuming you have the right version of MePo, that's true--it will show
up once you put it in (the correct) themes directory (be careful about
the whole /usr/local versus /usr thing or you can have it in your
~/.mythtv/themes/).  You may need to restart the frontend.  You will
/definitely/ need to at least restart the settings section where you
choose the theme.

Mike