[mythtv-users] CD Ripping Help (Fedora 8)

Michael Nguyen michaeln at twentyten.org
Sat Mar 22 07:57:09 UTC 2008

Hello Myth Users,

I'd first like to thank all of you guys for being here.  The online
documentation and list archives have been fantastic.  That said, I'm
having some trouble with CD ripping stating that /dev/sr0 (the DVD
drive) can't be mounted.  I read somewhere that this can be "fixed" by
disabling HAL, but that's not really a fix because then I have to deal
with problems that stem from not having HAL running.

Has anyone here had a similar problem?  If so, what is the correct fix?

Michael