[mythtv-users] Seg Fault after selecting CPU-- Playback Group

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 20 19:24:16 UTC 2008

On 03/20/2008 02:50 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
>> Fair enough. However, the problem and the fix dated from 2005 - and
>> I thought
>> that the problem would have been fixed since then. After all,
>> *every* other
>> setting is at 50% - except Hue, which was zero.
>>
> Same problem as from 2005. MMX not being enabled. Here's a thread from
> last week that talks about it:

Though, TTBOMK, no MMX should only really affect the preview video in
Watch Recordings, not actual playback.  Still worth checking the binary
as described in
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/224335#224335 (which
is linked through some of my posts in the other thread).

If it's playback that's blue, I'd guess it's either bad Xv picture
attributes (hue, etc.) in Myth or a broken video driver/video driver
installation.

If it turns out to be playback and it's due to a mis-compiled binary
without MMX support, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike