[mythtv-users] Seg Fault after selecting CPU-- Playback Group

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Mar 20 19:19:34 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
>
>> Fair enough. However, the problem and the fix dated from 2005 - and
>> I thought
>> that the problem would have been fixed since then. After all,
>> *every* other
>> setting is at 50% - except Hue, which was zero.
>
> Same problem as from 2005. MMX not being enabled. Here's a thread from
> last week that talks about it:

Bizarre. I don't remember that from last week at all. Perhaps I was more unwell
than I thought...I must lie down more, and stop rebuilding Myth boxen when a new
release comes out.

Having reviewed the above, I am currently using the latest Mandriva 2008.0 Myth
0.21 package - having previously built my own. Guess they missed (or messed up)
the MMX flag as well.

Mike Perkins