[mythtv-users] XVMC-VLD on VIA CN700 not working with .21

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Mar 19 22:05:36 UTC 2008

> I don't have the timing down exactly, but there are messages in
> Xorg.0.log that indicate the "too many surfaces" is a problem as well:

If I remember correctly, these messages are OK - they are as a result of
Mythtv allocating surfaces until it fails in order to find out how many
are available.

I'm also running Gentoo/Openchrome SVN but on a CN400 chipset. I've now
found that with 0.21-fixes I don't need VLD at all with my 1.3G CPU, I
just use the 'Slim' profile. Just as well since avoiding VLD fixes all the
DVD menu problems...

--
Robin Gilks