[mythtv-users] Playback Profiles? WTF?!

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Mar 18 01:12:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 01:48:09PM -0500, Mitch Gore wrote:
> >  So how about a nice OSD that shows some parameters of the current
> >  recording? I can think of the resolution, audio channels, average
> >  bitrate, maybe even more.
> >
> >  Regards,
> >  Tino
>
> Why would we do that?  You only need to see that one time, when

    Why does anyone ever want more information than is offered
by default by any Unix tool? The fact that the defaults are
usually good enough is hardly a good argument to offer nothing
else.

    Interestingly enough, this sounds a lot like the sort of
stuff you get in the OSD displays of some of the alternate
movie players.