[mythtv-users] which iMac for SD frontend?

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Sun Mar 16 15:50:21 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> I've been running mythv for some years now with separate
> frontend/backends.
>
> Now it's time to add a frontend in the kitchen. I've been thinking
> about an iMac since they look great and provides nice productivity
> tools for browsing/email/photo etc.

I think this is an area where one of those new Asus laptops could
be handy. I don't think it really calls for Myth though. I've got a
laptop that sits on the bar in between our living room and the kitchen
and it's pretty handy just running stock Ubuntu. I use the browser for
bringing up recipes and using mythweb.

Mythweb is handy so I can do maintenance without tying up the big TV.
The laptop just sits on the bar so I can browse with it. Sometimes I
just use it on the couch (like right now). On the bar I can also turn
it around to follow a recipe.

An iMac to me seems to be more of an "exercise room" or compact "bedroom
frontend".