[mythtv-users] which iMac for SD frontend?

Jeppe N. Madsen jeppe at ingolfs.dk
Sat Mar 15 10:58:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been running mythv for some years now with separate
frontend/backends.

Now it's time to add a frontend in the kitchen. I've been thinking
about an iMac since they look great and provides nice productivity
tools for browsing/email/photo etc.

So the question is: can a used PPC iMac be used for an SD frontend?

What about HD (don't have any channels yet, and will probably be some
time before we get some). If so what should I get in terms of
CPU/Gfx. How much memory is required to run the latest OS X
productivity apps together with a Myth frontend?

Same questions for the C2D iMacs (CPU/Memory/Gfx)

Any other experiences running Myth frontend on iMac/OS X?

/Jeppe