[mythtv-users] Problems since upgrade to 0.21with high CPU load on internal player

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 15 17:44:34 UTC 2008

On 03/15/2008 01:13 PM, Gordon McCrae wrote:
> I've heard from the packager who rolled the RPMs for Packman, and he's
> confirmed that due to some compile issues, MMX was disabled, also that
> Packman does not hold "previous" versions of RPMS, so I'm stuck from
> that angle.
>
> Anyone know if the lack of MMX is enough to cause such an increase in
> CPU usage?

Yep.  This happens every release with one or more distros.  (TTBOMK,
SUSE is the second distro this release.)  Just wait a little bit for the
packager to sort things out.

Oh, and to the packager, you can probably get some packaging help in
#mythtv-users or #mythtv on IRC.  In #mythtv-users, you're quite likely
to find other packagers who can give you info on how they're building.
If you go to #mythtv, you may get sent directly to #mythtv-users, so I'd
try -users first.  Then, if you can't find any other packagers to help,
try #mythtv and make sure you mention that you're the packager for SUSE
so you'll get the help you need.  And, it would be much better for the
actual packager to get on IRC to prevent middle-man misinterpretations.

Mike