[mythtv-users] using telnet to improve mythtv menus

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sat Mar 15 16:53:09 UTC 2008

>> >  specify a Recording Group name in the TV_WATCH_RECORDING action
>>
>> Chris, I *really* like this idea! I might take a stab at it
>very soon.
>
>Too late...  http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/16559
>
>Let me know if you find any issues with it.
>
>--
>Chris

Chris you rock. That's really fast. Just one question: I'm running the svn
build for myth, so do I just re-download the svn and build it again to get
your changes? Or do I have to download some specific files you uploaded
somewhere then build again?

Also, how much trouble would it be to do the same for the videos section. I
want to be able to have a menu something like this (all in gallery view):

Movies by Rating (highest first)
Movies by Year (newest first)
Movies Alphabetically
Movies by Genre (this would lead to another xml menu)

And in the Movies by Genre menu:
Action
Comedy
Drama
Etc etc etc

The scripts I wrote would probably work better in the videos section since
that loads really really quickly, unlike the recorded programs section. But
anyhow, just thought I'd ask.
-Steve