[mythtv-users] using telnet to improve mythtv menus

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 15 17:12:07 UTC 2008

* On Sat Mar 15, 2008 at 09:53:09AM -0700, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> >Too late...  http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/16559

> Chris you rock. That's really fast. Just one question: I'm running the svn
> build for myth, so do I just re-download the svn and build it again to get
> your changes? Or do I have to download some specific files you uploaded
> somewhere then build again?

You need to "svn update", make, and "make install".

> Also, how much trouble would it be to do the same for the videos section. I
> want to be able to have a menu something like this (all in gallery view):

I don't know much about the MythVideo code, it's been a few years since I've
messed with it and it wasn't on this level.  MythVideo is also a plugin
which means it's not a simple fix like the Watch Recordings screen change
was.  This would require changing the plugin api probably.  It's not
something I could crank out in 30 minutes after 10 minutes of thought.  It's
probably best to put this on the feature request wiki page.

--
Chris