[mythtv-users] Flash in Mythweb, didn't make it to 0.21?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Mar 13 21:25:39 UTC 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Mike LaPlante wrote:

> :-(
>
> Probably opening myself up to flames here since I didn't search the
> archives first. Oh well.
>
> I did check the release notes and don't see anything about this. I was
> really enjoying the on-the-fly flash encoding in Mythweb when I was
> running the SVN bleeding trunk just before the new release. Now that
> 0.21 is out I've swapped to the stable repo and plan to stay there.
> However, that feature seems to have been pushed back or perhaps was
> never intended to be in 0.21.

Correct. It is and always has been proof-of-concept not ready for
release as a real feature yet since it doesn't work in all situations
and the final feature will not work anything like the current proof of
concept works.

> I'm wondering if there is some magical way to get it back without
> stepping back into the beta/pre-release world. I'll probably just live
> without it if not. I had a lot more free time for troubleshooting and
> updating frontends/backends when I swapped to the bleeding repo a year
> ago. These days I have a GAF (girlfriend acceptance factor) to worry
> about and near not as much free time.

Yes, go into the Settings>MythWeb>Video Playback and turn it on there.
It's off by default so people don't expect it to work out of the box.
They have to look for it and know that it's not the final
implementation if they want to use it.