[mythtv-users] .21 frontend problems

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:05:21 UTC 2008

> Have you tried using a different deinterlacer?  I used to use
> kerneldeint on 0.20.2 and after upgrading to 0.21 noticed a blue line at
> the top of the screen and text looked like it was moving up and down
> slightly.  I have now moved to the yadif deinterlacer.  Have a look at
> the thread titled "Deinterlacing in 0.21" which I started on 12/03/2008
> at 21:08 GMT if you want info on how to use the new deinterlacers.
>

> Steve.

I suppose that may work for the shaky text/graphics on my dual head desktop
system, but I don't want to use any de-interlacing on my fronted that's
ruining slow.  I'm using a 32" 4:3 CRT display, so de-interlacing would be
wasted effort on an interlaced display. Right?  And certainly wouldn't ease
any strain on my CPU.  It could be that the machine is set to de-interlace
now, and wasn't before.  I'll check that when I get home.  Thanks.  I'll
take a look at that thread while I'm at it.