[mythtv-users] .21 frontend problems

lists_mythtv_users lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 13:56:55 UTC 2008

Josh White wrote:
> Good morning all,
>
> I just updated my Mythtv system to .21 (from the Ubuntu Gutsy
> Backports repository) and I'm having mixed results.  On one of my
> frontends, most everything seems to work, but graphics on the screen
> are "shaky" in some cases.  Specifically, when watching news shows,
> the on-screen text and graphics look like the edges are moving up and
> down a few pixels.  It seems to be independent of the color, and
> display (this is on a dual head system, and I switched monitors to
> check that).  This is running on Ubuntu 7.10 i386, Pentium D 3.0ghz,
> nVidia GeForce 7900GT, 3.0GB DDR2 667mhz.  This machine does not use XVMC.

Have you tried using a different deinterlacer?  I used to use
kerneldeint on 0.20.2 and after upgrading to 0.21 noticed a blue line at
the top of the screen and text looked like it was moving up and down
slightly.  I have now moved to the yadif deinterlacer.  Have a look at
the thread titled "Deinterlacing in 0.21" which I started on 12/03/2008
at 21:08 GMT if you want info on how to use the new deinterlacers.

> - Josh
Steve.