[mythtv-users] OT: colorblindness

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Mar 12 16:42:22 UTC 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 9:13 AM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> That part it probably chromatic abberation.  I have high-index lenses
> in my glasses; the first time I got a set that way -- about 8 years
> ago
> -- white lights fringed *horribly* on each side: yellow towards the
> edge of the lens, blue towards the center.

Yeah, this is my first set with high-index, and I'm not thrilled.
They have a smaller "sweet spot" where things are tightly focused than
I'm used to, and the chromatic aberration is really annoying given the
current fad for blue LEDs.  It's about time for another new pair and I
may skip the high-index lenses this time.  I think I also may skip the
anti-reflective coating, which mostly just seemed to make them much
harder to clean.