[mythtv-users] MythFrontend 0.21: What is a watch list?

David Greaves myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Mar 11 18:06:31 UTC 2008

Tim Phipps wrote:
> Paul Bender wrote
>> In my case, it has very little to do with time. Rather it has to do with
>> desire. I work on Open Source projects for my benefit not other people's
>> benefit. Adding functionality that I want benefits me. As a result, I am
>> motivated to do the work. Adding documentation of functionality that I
>> added does not benefit me. As a result, I am not motivated to do the work.
>>
> I've got to ask: why bother even checking in your work?
> Cheers,
> Tim.

I've got to agree - it's not the most "community spirited" statement. OTOH Myth
is one of the least "community spirited" projects OSS I've come across <shrug>

OTOH - there's nothing stopping you going to the wiki and starting to type. So
many people say "I can't code but I'd like....".

Well you can all (well, almost all) type english, read and edit. So if you've
not done any coding then go and do some writing. It takes time and effort but
it's useful.

David