[mythtv-users] Questions prior to 0.21 upgrade

Derek Stark lemongecko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 16:21:17 UTC 2008

Good day:

I've got a machine running .20.2 and I'm thinking strongly of
upgrading to .21 for multirec and the changes to MythVideo/MythDVD.
However, this is the master BE/FE machine in the house, so I figure I
better be careful. I have a few questions:

1. Database
Is there any major change? I'll dump the database prior to the upgrade
to keep Murphy satiated, but will my 0.20.2 DB make the switch OK? I
thought I saw something in the release notes about a schema upgrade
prompt, but I wasn't sure what that really meant.

Further, if 0.21 turns out to be bad business for me, will the DB be
backwards-compatible? Again, I'll have the backup, but if I can leave
MySQL alone, I prefer to.

2. Mixing & matching versions
If I chicken out on the upgrade and stay on 0.20.2 on my master BE/FE,
will I be able to run 0.21 on
other FE-only boxes?

Thanks for any insights!