[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox

William Munson w.munson at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 11:16:46 UTC 2008

Ryan wrote:
> Ok i want to upgrade, but im having a bitch of a time compiling MythTv
> on Xebian.  I have no clue on how to compile it on another computer,
> because i tried it, but when i copied it back to the xbox and ran make
> install, it just re compiled it again and messed up.  Hopefully
> someone here can help me out!
>
> Cheers!
> Ryan

Its been a while since I did xebian but this should work. What I would
suggest doing is making a .deb file of your myth install, copy that to
the xbox and install it with your normal package manager. A google
should provide a howto on the steps to create a .deb from a compile.
Should only be a couple of commands. Good luck getting .21 to work on
the xbox.