[mythtv-users] Meta: PLEASE trim posts !

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 08:44:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Mario Limonciello
<mario.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I've got a collection of extensions that  I used on thunderbird to help combat
>  this.  I don't even notice anymore when someone messes up because of them.

I fail to see how 2 of your 3 suggested Add-ons help the situation.

>  1) Nested Quote Remover: does the hard work for replies  You hit a big X on the
>  quotes button and they all go away.

What is the problem with nested quotes? They are quite necessary when
there are multiple levels of context required when replying.

>  2) Quote colors : Makes it easier to read history if there are nested quotes and
>  you don't know who wrote what

This one is very handy.

>  3) Quote Collapse: All quotes (including nested) can suddenly collapse and stop
>  wasting your message space.  They default collapsed, so you see the response
>  immediately.

With properly trimmed emails, #3 makes it much more difficult to see
what is being said, since you are unable to see what the responder is
talking about.

In fact, if you don't remember what email specifically I am replying
to, now you have to click expand three times to gain context.

What would be a magical T-bird add-on would be one that automatically
did some basic level of trimming, for example, of greetings and
signatures, since those almost never need to be quoted.

-Dave