[mythtv-users] Firewire Capture & Packet Size too big

pyrotek pyrotek2k4 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 00:18:50 UTC 2008

Hello, I previously had mythtv with firewire capture for HDTV from my STB
working and recorded several programs. I am running kernel 2.6.23 with the
most recent stable version of mythtv for gentoo amd64. I don't have access
to the machine right now for the precise version number. I now have a
problem where the firewire capture card won't show up in plugreport or other
firewire testing tools. I checked the system logs and I have a problem with
"packet size (8) is too big" showing up in the logs. This problem prevents
me from recording any programs or registering the card.

Has anyone else ran into this problem ?

Thanks