[mythtv-users] OT - Mac Advocacy, was; Which SVN?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Mar 10 21:19:36 UTC 2008

On Mar 10, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Jason Spears wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>
>> I do, except I see it as paying for the /option/ of running Windows
>> or
>> Linux while I /get/ to use OS X. ;)
>
> My wife's going to be switching to a Mac from a Windows PC soon.  Home
> desktop administration is definitely an area where WAF can be
> important, and the stability of the Windows on x86 platform just isn't
> there with so many IHVs and ISVs participating (note I didn't say
> cooperating.)
>
> There are of course compromises, which is why I'll keep using my PC.
> For example, the number of officially supported video cards for the
> Power Mac G5 seems to be 5 - 10, and that's a Mac specific version
> you'll be paying through the nose for.  Everything has its price.

The day my daughter's Windows machine kept rebooting whenever she hit
the Enter key was the last day I used Windows in my house.
After 20 years of flipping between Mac, Windows and Linux I decided
the time I get back from not diagnosing and reinstalling Windows is
much more valuable than the "extra" money I spend on an OS X machine.