[mythtv-users] OT - Mac Advocacy, was; Which SVN?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:03:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
<snip/>
>  As I see it (ignoring all but MacOS, GNU/Linux, and Windows):
>   - Intel hardware can run GNU/Linux or Windows
>   - PowerPC hardware can run GNU/Linux
>   - PowerPC hardware--blessed by Steve Jobs, and sold for a lot of
>  money--can run MacOS or GNU/Linux
>   - Intel hardware--blessed by Steve Jobs, and sold for a lot of
>  money--can run MacOS, GNU/Linux, or Windows
>
>  So, you really feel it's worthwhile to pay for the /option/ of running
>  MacOS even though you may choose to install GNU/Linux or Windows on that
>  machine instead?

if you price out as identical as possible specs on the machines you'll
find that the price really isn't that different.  and Apple is often
cheaper.  you just have to be willing to buy a BMW instead of a
Hyundai.
my 'loaded' MacBookPro was cheaper than the equivalent Dell laptop.

--
Andrew Close