[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:21:42 UTC 2008

[SNIP]

> The problem is I am not interested in almost everything you listed.  All the
> stuff you listed make using mythbuntu into a huge project because I have to
> figure out what weird setup the mythbuntu guys chose to use.  -trunk and
> -fixes I could care less.  I only want the stable release.  That is why I
> choose to use ubuntu.

[SNIP]

Wouldn't that be counter-logical?  My (albeit limited) understanding
is that Ubuntu is an answer to Debian's lack of bleeding edge support.
 If you want stability, you choose Debian.  If you want Debian but you
also want bleeding, you use Ubuntu.  By extension, Mythbuntu would be
"bleeding optional" which from the description sounds like it fits.
If you want the Micky-Mouse that Ubuntu puts on top of Debian but want
to complain when others follow that same logic then you seem to be
either confusing the point of Ubuntu or complaining at the wrong group
of packagers.  In my wildly abstract world I view it like this:
Debian brings Linux to the System Admins
Ubuntu brings Debian to the end-users
By extension:
Mythbuntu brings mythtv to end-users

-Chad