[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21

Jarett Creason nobleiceman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 22:36:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

> [SNIP]
>
> > The problem is I am not interested in almost everything you listed.  All
> the
> > stuff you listed make using mythbuntu into a huge project because I have
> > figure out what weird setup the mythbuntu guys chose to use.  -trunk and
> > -fixes I could care less.  I only want the stable release.  That is why
> > choose to use ubuntu.
>
> [SNIP]
>
> Wouldn't that be counter-logical?  My (albeit limited) understanding
> is that Ubuntu is an answer to Debian's lack of bleeding edge support.
>  If you want stability, you choose Debian.  If you want Debian but you
> also want bleeding, you use Ubuntu.  By extension, Mythbuntu would be
> "bleeding optional" which from the description sounds like it fits.
> If you want the Micky-Mouse that Ubuntu puts on top of Debian but want
> to complain when others follow that same logic then you seem to be
> either confusing the point of Ubuntu or complaining at the wrong group
> of packagers.  In my wildly abstract world I view it like this:
> Debian brings Linux to the System Admins
> Ubuntu brings Debian to the end-users
> By extension:
> Mythbuntu brings mythtv to end-users
>
> -Chad

Just so whoever actually does package Mythbuntu and created the Mythbuntu
Control Center feels the love (we're not all haters), I seriously appreciate
the work you do.  It's insanely simple now to install a complete system for
MythTV in whatever configuration as well as add MythTV to an existing Ubuntu
install.  While I'm glad that I went through installing everything manually
several times before Mythbuntu ever was (so I can understand the whole
process), it just makes me like the pre-packaged CD so much more...

And, thank you to the MythTV devs as well, TV is not TV w/o Myth...

THANK YOU

Jarett