[mythtv-users] iMac as possible Frontend?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Mar 10 01:55:19 UTC 2008

On Mar 9, 2008, at 6:46 PM, jedi wrote:

>    You can get LCD displays pretty cheaply though and you can always
> recyle on from another system. It doesn't have to be purchased with
> the
> mini.

Really? You're allowed to do that? I'm not an idiot. What I'm saying
is that for the price of a 17" G5 iMac, you can't get a mini and a 17"
LCD.

>> you get the convenience of great form factor that will fit on a
>> bookshelf if you wanted. Plus, it looks really pretty.
>
>    So does a mini and an external monitor.
>
>    There's another PC variant of this same idea that's setup
> to be just plain bolted onto the back of a monitor.

Right. And not for the price of a 17" iMac. I'm not saying an iMac is
the best solution. I'm saying it's a good all in one solution for
under $500 which is what the OP asked.