[mythtv-users] A different perspective on the "user experience issue"

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Mar 10 01:43:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 10:04:09AM -0500, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> >  >     This way you could set everything from a single point.
> >
> >  And then you could configure the entire setup from any frontend you
> >  had access to.
>
> I couldn't tell if your tone was that it would be a good or bad thing,
> but if you were thinking bad (because someone could screw up the
> entire setup) there's no reason you couldn't have separate passwords

     I don't see that being a problem much. Even normal MythTV config
is a bit byzantine and could stand some simplification. Some sort of
quick switch between "user" mode and "admin" mode could be handy. Or
perhaps context menus so that you can quickly jump to the config items
apropriate to plugin you happen to be using.