[mythtv-users] DVB-S - Hotbird 13E - Euronews sound streams not playing using S/PDIF

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Fri Mar 7 10:53:57 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have a DVB-S PCI card. The dish point to the Hotbird 13E satellites.
All works great.

Well, except Euronews. Euronews has multiple audio streams for multiple
languages.

On my main system, with S/PDIF to a receiver, I get no sound, whatever
the selected stream.

On another FE, without S/PDIF (a laptop using on-board speakers), all
streams are playing fine.

Is there anything weird regarding those streams that makes my receiver
choke on them, or is it something I need to set-up on the MythTV side?

This is the only issue I am having with my S/PDIF output, all the rest
(DVB-T, nearly all DVB-S, internal player, mplaeyer, etc...) works
great.

Is anybody on the list experiencing the same, or do I have a problem
with my setup?

Nico
Mythbunty 7.10 - 0.20.2-fixes - 64-bit
http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc