[mythtv-users] Opinion on a P4 Backend // HDD Throughput

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Wed Mar 5 21:30:07 UTC 2008

> None that I see will make any difference for your setup.  You can make
> efforts to diminish any possible bottlenecks by doing things like:
>
> 1.  Storing your logs and database on a disk different than your OS and
> your recordings

+++++++

Do this if you're at all concerned about disk throughput problems.

On my system (one firewire tuner, one PVR 250) I could cause problems by
recording HD, playing back the same HD stream on a delay and recording SD
at the same time.  As soon as I put in a new disk and separated recordings
from database/logging, the problems went away.

I can't see the original poster's predicted usage patterns causing any
troubles as long as the database/logging are separated from the
recordings.

Greg