[mythtv-users] Opinion on a P4 Backend // HDD Throughput

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Wed Mar 5 22:25:55 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <greg at nodecam.com>
>On my system (one firewire tuner, one PVR 250) I could cause problems by
>recording HD, playing back the same HD stream on a delay and recording SD
>at the same time.  As soon as I put in a new disk and separated recordings
>from database/logging, the problems went away.

That doesn't really make sense. Logging and database access is a minimum in
the situation you desribed (EIT scanning is about it I think), just moving
the logs and database should have made little difference really.
Ok, if you are running more than just myth, a lot of logging and seperate
database accesses in the background then this would make a difference.
Gareth