[mythtv-users] User job advice

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Tue Mar 4 00:51:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 19:30 -0500, Harry Devine wrote:
> Would a user job be appropriate for this?  Is there a better way?  Would
> I need 1 script unmute the input (i.e one that runs BEFORE recording)
> and another script that runs AFTER recording to re-mute it?
>
> Thanks for any ideas,
> Harry

Harry,

Check your mixer (try alsamixer if you have it) to see if you have a
"Line capture" channel or switch. If it does try unmuting or turning it
on and muting the separate 'Line in' channel. This should allow audio to
be captured from the Line in port without having to hear it on your
speakers all the time.

Cheers,
Jesse