[mythtv-users] Things I've learned from mythtv-users

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 3 20:27:52 UTC 2008

On Mar 3, 2008, at 1:08 PM, scram69 wrote:

>> Where can I buy a Mac Mini for $320?
>>
> ebay.  That's what I paid for my 1.66 core duo.  Which, I learned
> before purchasing, thanks to those dreadful discussions to which the
> OP refers, works wonderfully for playing back the broadcast HD content
> I record.
> In fact, the mini was the 4th mac I've purchased on ebay - have had
> very good results with all.

I've never bought a computer on Ebay, though I collect watches and
have had good luck buying them there.

I see Apple has refurbed AppleTVs for $199, might be worth the gamble
that they will eventually make bug-free frontends.

I don't see many used Minis at the usual used Mac outlets, guess
that's a good sign.

beww