[mythtv-users] Things I've learned from mythtv-users

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Mar 3 23:05:16 UTC 2008

> On Mar 3, 2008, at 1:08 PM, scram69 wrote:
>

>>> Where can I buy a Mac Mini for $320?
>>>
>> ebay.  That's what I paid for my 1.66 core duo.  Which, I learned

    I bought my mini at the local Apple store specifically so that
I could take it back to the local Apple store if it turned out that
it makes sounds like a jet engine (like someone one one of these
myth forums likes to suggest).

    So far I've never had that problem.

>> before purchasing, thanks to those dreadful discussions to which the
>> OP refers, works wonderfully for playing back the broadcast HD content
>> I record.
>> In fact, the mini was the 4th mac I've purchased on ebay - have had
>> very good results with all.
>
> I've never bought a computer on Ebay, though I collect watches and
> have had good luck buying them there.
>
> I see Apple has refurbed AppleTVs for $199, might be worth the gamble
> that they will eventually make bug-free frontends.
>
> I don't see many used Minis at the usual used Mac outlets, guess
> that's a good sign.

    I've never been patient enough for mini's on ebay. They seem to
always end up selling for some price closely approximating the price
you could buy them new.