[mythtv-users] which harddisk for storing media ?

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Mon Mar 3 14:40:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

I will soon buy a 500GB harddisk for my mythtv system, but would appreciate
any advice or recommendation on which brand and/or model I should take or leave.

The drive will sit in a server in the basement, so noise is not really an issue.

It will contain two partitions: one for "normal" data (home-directories for
3-4 users) and the rest will be for the mythtv-stuff (most of it
tv-recordings in sd, but also some ripped cd's and dvd's).

Thanks for any advice and regards
Yann